Astrophile Travel brings to you all eclipse chasers an excellent opportunity to witness the Annular solar eclipse of 2019 from the picturesque South India along with Christmas and New Year Celebrations
10 Night 11 Day Kerala – Coorg – Ooty Trivandrum ASE 2019
|Date||Day||Attraction & Activity|
|Day 1||Dec 24||Tuesday||Early Morning Arrival at Mangalore Internation Airport, transfer to Hotel. Post lunch visit to Bekal Fort, Majestic Sunset views.|
|Day 2||Dec 25||Wednesday||Christmas Celebrations|
|Day 3||Dec 26||Thursday||Eclipse from the resort|
|Day 4||Dec 27||Friday||Move to Coorg, Visit to Madikeri Fort|
|Day 5||Dec 28||Saturday||Day at Coorg|
|Day 6||Dec 29||Sunday||Move to Ooty|
|Day 7||Dec 30||Monday||Day at Ooty|
|Day 8||Dec 31||Tuesday||Move to Munnar, New Year Celebrations|
|Day 9||Jan 01||Wednesday||Day visit to Kodaikanal|
|Day 10||Jan 02||Thursday||Move to Kochi, explore city|
|Day 11||Jan 03||Friday||Fly to Mangalore, fly back home.|
The month of December is optimum for the sky conditions. Given the sky conditions, we can aim for stargazing at Ooty and Coorg/Kodagu .
The Annular Solar Eclipse of December 2019 will give you an opportunity to the amazing beautiful and splendorous South India. The clean beaches, warm waters of the Arabian Sea, backwaters of Kerala and the picturesque towns of Ooty and Coorg will make you holiday season an amazing experience and memories for the lifetime. Read below for the day to day itinerary.
- Day 1: After a long flight, arrive early morning in Mangalore city, and drive to the hotel with beautiful gardens and beach adjacent to it. Relax and rejuvenate in the morning. A short trip to Bekal Fort, a 1650 AD fort overlooking the Arabian Sea to capture the sunset views. A visit to the church nearby can be arranged at midnight to offer prayers for the interested ones.
- Day 2: Back waters in Kerala are famous around the world and a boating trip is all you need to appreciate the beauty. After the morning dip in the ocean, visit the surroundings for some local shopping, back water rides and many more. The evening will be enlightened by the Christmas celebrations, Cocktails and dinner.
- Day 3: The day for the eclipse, Rise and shine early morning and get ready to observe the eclipse from the beach near by or from any vantage point of interest. 2 small vehicles will be on stand by for the eclipse chasers to move around and take landscape pictures. Electricity will be arranged at the resort with dedicated eclipse observation area for those who need their gadgets requiring power. After the eclipse, enjoy the lunch and the later part of the day can be planned as per the interest of the many.
- Day 4: Departure for Coorg in private coach after breakfast at hotel. A splendid 4 hour drive will take you from the sandy beaches to lush green mountains. The hill station is situated at 3000 ft elevation and offers great views of the surrounding. Check in and visit to Madikeri Fort in the evening. Bonfire and other arrangements at the hotel.
- Day 5: Depart in the morning post breakfast to enjoy your day in the wild. Visiting Abbey Waterfalls and then move to Namdroling Monastery Golden Temple later in the day. Lunch en route. Dinner at the hotel
- Day 6: Early morning departure after breakfast and drive upto Ooty, another hill station known for amazing views of Nilgiri Mountains. It is located at an elevation of 7,350 ft. The Central Ooty lake is one of the largest man made lake which attracts thousands of tourists every month. The place is also known for over 2,000 different varieties of Roses. Arrive you hotel in the evening, check in and relax.
- Day 7: After breakfast, visit the Radio Astronomy Centre (depending on permission) short ride on the toy train (a UNESCO heritage site), a visit to tea park.
- Day 8: Travel to Munnar after breakfast. A 7 hr drive will take us to the gorgeous destination Munnar to end the year on a high note. At 5000 ft height Munnar is a hill station covered by tea plantation all around. Arrive in the evening, check-in and take out your tuxedo and get ready to welcome 2020 in style. The new year celebrations starts at 8:30 pm.
- Day 9: On the first day of 2020, visit the tea gardens, explore the natural scenery, and enjoy a good winter day.
- Day 10: Drive to Kochi in the morning after breakfast, 3 hour drive will bring you back to the lovely sandy beaches, back waters and major city. Visit the city centre, and get some shopping done for your friends and family back home. A city tour to keep you engaged and excited.
- Day 11: Last day of the trip, travel to the Kochi Airport in the late morning to board your flight to Mangalore. Connect with your international flight and bid adieu to a memorable journey you just completed.
List of inclusions: The following things will be arranged for the interested and participating visitors.
- Comfortable Hotel Accommodations as listed in itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Luxury bus for travel and transfer during the entire period of the travel;
- Luxury vehicles on the day of eclipse for smaller group.
- Free pick-up and drop-off at the airport;
- All entrance fee mentioned in itinerary;
- All necessary permits;
- Government Tax;
- Two bottles of mineral water per person per day;
- Flight from Kochi to Mangalore on the last day in Economy class.
- Christmas and New Year Celebrations.
All accommodations, meals, entry tickets and domestic flight ticket will be arranged. Liquors, personal shopping, spa, massage or any other expense of personal nature is excluded and will be borne by the individual. Liquor during the Christmas and New Year celebrations will be complimentary. Room service in the room will be charged extra as per actuals. For price and other details, please read below.
- The price for the trip is US$ 3,900 per person.
- If 2 or more people are registering together, price per person will be US$ 3,500 per person.
- If you do not want to share the room, the price will be US$ 4,300 per person.
The payment mode and terms are as follows:
- First Instalment: USD 1300/1167pp/1433 on or before November 20th, 2018
- Second Instalment: USD 1300/1167pp/1433 on or before May 20th, 2019
- Third Instalment: USD 1300/1167pp/1433 on or before November 20th 2019.
The registration forms (google form) can be accessed here.
You can pay is here using PayPal: paypal.me/AstrophileIndia
To observe the Annular Solar Eclipse of June 21st, 2020 from Mansarovar lake in Tibet, Kindly visit the ASE June 2020 page for itinerary and more information.